- Strong’s ID:
- Greek Word:
- Part of Speech:
- prolonged form of a primary and defective verb
- singular forms: G4571, G4671, G4675
plural forms: G5209, G5210, G5213, G5216
- Greek forms: G1488, G1498, G1511, G2258, G2071, G2070, G2075, G2076, G2468, G5600, G5607
- Usage Count:
- Find “eimi” in the Bible (New Testament)
Equip God’s People Greek Lexicon
1) I am
2) I Am as a reference to God from Exodus 3:14
Equip God’s People Greek Lexicon © 2013–2023. All rights reserved.
Strong’s Greek Lexicon
the first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist (used only when emphatic):—am, have been, X it is I, was. See also G1488, G1498, G1511, G1527, G2258, G2071, G2070, G2075, G2076, G2771, G2468, G5600, G5607.
Owing to changes in the enumeration while in progress, there were no words left for numbers 2717 and 3203–3302, which were therefore silently dropped out of the vocabulary and references as redundant.
Thayer’s Greek Definitions
1) to be, to exist, to happen, to be present
Thayer’s Definitions are as edited by the Online Bible of Winterbourne, Ontario. They removed the etymology, cross-references, and Greek phrases and changed some of Thayer’s Unitarian doctrinal positions concerning the work and person of Christ.