- Strong’s ID:
- Greek Word:
- Part of Speech:
- prolonged form of a primary verb
- Usage Count:
- Find “theaomai” in the Bible (New Testament)
Equip God’s People Greek Lexicon
1) to witness, behold
2) look closely, watch intently
Equip God’s People Greek Lexicon © 2013–2023. All rights reserved.
Strong’s Greek Lexicon
a prolonged form of a primary verb; to look closely at, i.e. (by implication) perceive (literally or figuratively); by extension to visit:—behold, look (upon), see. Compare G3700.
Owing to changes in the enumeration while in progress, there were no words left for numbers 2717 and 3203–3302, which were therefore silently dropped out of the vocabulary and references as redundant.
Thayer’s Greek Definitions
1) to behold, look upon, view attentively, contemplate (often used of public shows)
1a) of important persons that are looked on with admiration
2) to view, take a view of
2a) in the sense of visiting, meeting with a person
3) to learn by looking, to see with the eyes, to perceive
Thayer’s Definitions are as edited by the Online Bible of Winterbourne, Ontario. They removed the etymology, cross-references, and Greek phrases and changed some of Thayer’s Unitarian doctrinal positions concerning the work and person of Christ.